A New Year Blooms!
As the shofar sounds and Rosh Hashanah commences, we at Mariaca Wealth Management pause to send our heartfelt appreciation for your continued partnership. May this New Year unfold with promises of hope, prosperity, and joyful moments for you and your loved ones. Here’s to a year as sweet as apples dipped in honey and as prosperous as your wildest dreams.
Warm wishes for a blessed Rosh Hashanah!
Key Economic News:
- August core inflation, excluding food and energy, rose 0.3%, hotter than expected.
- August wholesale inflation rises 0.7%, hotter than expected, but core prices in check.
- U.S. retail sales beat expectations as Americans pay more for gasoline.
Special Message From Sergio:
Welcome to Schwab
If you still need to create your new Schwab Login ID and password, have your Schwab or TD Ameritrade account number handy and click the link below or copy and paste it into your browser: www.schwaballiance.com
Select “New User?” – blue link under Log In and follow the prompts.
Europe Sentiments: So Bad It’s Good
By Schwab Market Perspective
- The Eurozone’s economic indicators have continued to surprise on the downside since April.
- The average European stock has maintained its outperformance of the average U.S. stock so far this year, despite the big gap in economic momentum.
- In contrast to the U.S., where an upbeat growth outlook by investors supports an above average multiple on earnings (price-to-earnings ratio) for the S&P 500 Index, investors in Europe have been valuing European stocks in the STOXX 600 Index well below the long-term average.
What Higher Oil Prices Mean for Consumers and Markets
- Oil prices have begun to rise after falling steadily for a year.
- U.S. oil production is returning to pre-pandemic levels.
- The energy sector has been volatile over the past year.
Trust the Market, Don’t Try to Outguess It:
- The right investment approach should be consistent with long-term stock and bond market returns.
- It is unrealistic for people to think they can outguess the markets through stock selection and timing decisions.
The Forum Club of the Palm Beaches
For over four decades, The Forum Club of the Palm Beaches, a non-partisan political and public affairs organization, has welcomed a parade of illustrious speakers, including former Presidents, U.S. Supreme Court Justices, and influential thought leaders whose words and deeds shape our world.
As a proud supporter, Mariaca Wealth Management is delighted to sponsor a table for our local clients and friends at these events. Kindly note that seating is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. If you’d like to attend a particular luncheon, please reach out to Victoria, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Forum Club Events:
U.S. Congressman and Chair of the January 6th Committee, Bennie G. Thompson
Monday, October 2, 2023 at 12 p.m.
Former Congressman and CNN Political Commentator, Adam Kinzinger
Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 12 p.m.
Please Join Us For A Special Client Dinner and Shred Event
We’re excited to welcome Weston Wellington, Vice President of Dimensional Funds, and distinguished market historian, as our keynote speaker for the upcoming October client dinner event. After hosting Weston in 2017 and receiving overwhelmingly positive feedback, it became evident he needed an encore.
In 2006, while I was evaluating Dimensional Funds, Weston’s insights greatly informed my decision. For years, he penned an annual article juxtaposing Wall Street analysts’ forecasts with actual year-end outcomes. The recurring theme is unmistakable: the predictions of economists and Wall Street analysts are as reliable as those of astrologers, warranting a healthy dose of skepticism.
Stay In Your Seat!
Weston Wellington’s “Stay in Your Seat” presentation is an entertaining and insightful journey through over five decades of investment news headlines, media narratives, and the real-world outcomes for investors who followed the implied advice. You will walk away with a better understanding of today’s media landscape, recognizing how little things have truly changed besides the surge of media outlets.
Additionally, you’ll better understand how and why your money is invested the way it is.
When: Wednesday, October 18th
Where: Hilton – West Palm Beach | 150 Australian Ave. West Palm Beach, FL
Time: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
About Wes Wellington:
Weston Wellington, Vice President of Dimensional Fund Advisors, has over four decades of investment industry expertise and is recognized as one of the firm’s most captivating speakers. Weston’s presentations illuminate Dimensional’s distinctive evidence-driven investment approach and the merits of an equilibrium based investment strategy as an effective avenue towards investment success.
Additionally, Weston critically assesses contemporary financial and investment media, underscoring why investors are unlikely to hear about this approach from the usual sources of financial advice.
In addition to the presentation, we will have an on-site shred truck to allow you to dispose of your personal documents securely and safely!
Halftime Report Webinar with Economist Fritz Meyer
This webinar will cover the latest data on:
- Federal Reserve actions and outlook
- The jobs situation
- ISM Purchasing Managers Index
- Inflation measures
- U.S. debt situation
- Household balance sheets
- Consumer income and spending
- Retail sales
- Housing starts
- Consensus forecast For The Quarterly WSJ Survey
- Latest GDP Now forecast for Q2 2023 GDP
- M2 and the liquidity picture
- And, much more…
Recently, our good friend, economist Fritz Meyer joined us for another insightful annual Halftime Report Webinar on July 12. During the webinar, Fritz put the current financial and economic numbers into perspective, comparing them with past records, and discussed how certain economic metrics, like the LEI, can become outdated because the economy is constantly changing. Fritz didn’t stop there, though. He also reviewed some reliable, time-tested indicators like the Federal Reserve’s stock valuation, price-earnings ratios, and other key metrics to help us understand where we are right now and how things might shape up in the near and distant future.
Our Weekly Wave is all about giving you good insights and valuable information. While we’re good at managing wealth and financial planning, please remember; this content is for informational purposes only and is not legal, tax, investment, financial, or other professional advice. So while we hope to provide insightful and helpful knowledge, please don’t take it as official guidance.